- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 16 slices American or cheddar cheese
- Over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crispy. Drain oil. Add brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Cook until bacon is caramelized. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open crescent rolls and press together to make long rectangles. Place cheese slices on one rectangular piece of dough, and top with a second piece. Put one slice of cheese on the top half, cut in half, and place the bottom half on the top half.
- Using large and small circular cookie cutters, make a bagel shape. You can also do this freehand if you don't have the cutters. Repeat until dough is used.
- Place bagels on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and top with caramelized bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bagels are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve Stuffed Cheesy Bacon Bagels and enjoy!