- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 ¼ cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ¼ cup parsley chopped and loosely packed
- ¼ cup basil chopped and loosely packed
- ¼ diced onion
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- ¼ cup heavy cream
1. Bring a large pot filled ¾ full of water to a boil. Add in ½ tbsp of salt and the pasta shells. Stir and let cook as per the instruction on the box. Approx 10-12 minutes. Don’t overcook the pasta noodles or they will fall apart.
2. While pasta is cooking. Saute onions and garlic in a frying pan for 1 minute. Then add in fresh spinach, basil, parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes stirring constantly until spinach liquid is mostly evaporated.
3.Drain pasta shells and run them under cold water until cold to touch. Set aside.
4.Preheat oven to 350 F.
5.In medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, and spinach mixture with a spoon.
6.Fill an oven-safe dish ( I used a 9 inch cast iron pan) with 1 cup of pasta sauce and ¼ cup of cream and mix well. Stuff pasta shells with the spinach ricotta filling and place side by side on top of the tomato cream sauce.
7.Once all pasta shells are stuffed and lined in your baking dish. Top with 1 more cup of pasta sauce and sprinkle with another ½ cup of shredded cheese.
8.Then bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Until sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.