- 1 (16.5-ounce) tube sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
Delicious, simple to make cheesecake bars, a nice way to turn around your dessert game. Cheesecake is one of everyone’s favorite desserts and it’s because it is so creamy and soft that it almost melts in your mouth. What can compare that soothing sensation of taking a bite of a soft and creamy cheesecake?
So today we are making sugar cookie cheesecake bars with cheesecake filling. You can enjoy them warm or cold, and these bars are so easy to make, you will love to make them as they only require 4 ingredients and can be easily placed in the fridge, get creative and garnish them with some sprinkles to add some color to your cheesecake bars.
You can make a big batch in a bigger pan or a regular one using an 8-inch pan. For this recipe we are using one tube sugar cookie dough, softened cream cheese, one egg, vanilla extract, and sprinkles(optional). As you can see it doesn’t require hard to find or over the top ingredients, imagine you are doing cheesecake flavored cookies.
- First, you want your oven to be ready at 350 degrees and butter up your baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Then you want to prepare and mix your ingredients in a bowl, add cream cheese, egg, and vanilla extract, blend everything together until it’s soft and creamy.
- Next, cut the cookie dough in half, use that and place it on your baking dish and form a crust with it. Imagine this is the crust of your cheesecake, so you want to make sure it adheres to your pan and that it doesn’t break or fall apart. So place some pressure on it with your hands to make sure it sticks around.
- Take your cream cheese mixture and spread it on top of your crust. Using the remaining cookie dough, cut it into smaller pieces and make them flat with your hands, cover the cheesecake filling by placing the flattened cookie dough on top, don’t worry if you don’t cover everything.
- The magic will happen in the oven. Just make sure you cover as much as you can. Place your pan in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes or until you notice the top and crust is looking golden, don’t overcook as you don’t want too dry cookie bars, you want the cheesecake to remain soft and creamy. Place them in the fridge so it cools and then put some sprinkles and enjoy these delicious treats.
You can store your cheesecake bars, heat them, eat them with some ice cream, or a nice cup of coffee. These cheesecake cookie bars are just delicious and you can have one any time, the cream cheese filling will be like a taste of heaven with every bite.