- Scrapings from 2 tamarind pods OR 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup LA MORENA Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- 1-2 tablespoons liquid from can of LA MORENA Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- Cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Recipe courtesy of Bored Mom!
- (If using tamarind) Crack the tamarind pod shell off and remove any fibers. Using a knife, carefully scrape the brown, gooey, sweet flesh off the seeds from the pod. You should be able to get a full tablespoon of tamarind from two pods.
- Add the drained beans, tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, tamarind/or honey and LA MORENA Sliced Jalapeno Peppers and reserved liquid to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Top with cilantro if desired. Serve with tortilla chips or hearty crackers.