- 1 medium sweet potato
- 4 leaves lacinato kale
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 additional tablespoon
- Use the Shredder Blade to shred the sweet potato. Switch to the Slicer Blade to slice up the kale and onion. Finely slice the red bell pepper if using. Keep the prepped ingredients separate.
- Heat 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the finely shredded sweet potatoes, sliced onion, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Add a finely diced red pepper at this point if desired.
- Cook mixture, stirring occasionally until the sweet potatoes are cooked through and fork-tender, browning slightly at the edges (about 15 minutes). Add kale into the skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Stir well.
- In a separate nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, crack eggs into the skillet and cover for 3 to 5 minutes until the whites are set. Feel free to cook longer if you prefer.
- Portion the hash brown mixture onto 2 plates and top each with one egg. Season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes as desired.