- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed, chopped, divided
- 2 green bell peppers, seeds removed, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 yellow onions, chopped, divided
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (20 oz.) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 cups Mexican blend grated cheese, divided
Are you ready for some real Tex-Mex flavor that makes for the yummiest thing you’ll eat all week? We’ve got a taco hash brown casserole that combines our love of all things tacos and transforms it into a dish that can feed a crowd without you having to individually wrap each delicious taco. Now that really is beautiful. This dish has ground beef, veggies, cream cheese - it bakes up way smoother and tangier than crema - plus it’s got potato perfection in their thanks to the hash brown top layer. You don’t even know how good this stuff is!
Not only are we totally hooked on this dish because of its deliciousness, but we also can’t get over how easy it is to make...and you know we love a recipe that lets us actually enjoy eating it with our family instead of one where we have to cook and serve while others eat (so that the food isn’t cold by the time everyone comes together). This is packed with protein and veggies, has tons of flavor and is a complete meal that means you don’t have to worry about any side dishes. This is an addictively yummy taste of Texas and you won’t want to miss it!
- Place a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat and cook beef until browned completely. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper and 1 yellow onion, and cook for another 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Pour in tomato soup, then add in cubed cream cheese and corn, and stir together to combine.
- Stir in taco seasoning and cook for another 2-3 minutes, giving flavors a chance to blend and develop.
- Transfer beef mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Place hash browns in a separate bowl, then add remaining 1/2 onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper, then mix in 2 cups cheese.
- Spread hash brown mixture on top of beef layer in baking dish, then spread remaining cheese over the top.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.