- 4 medium green peppers, halved
- 1.5 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix, or seeking good eats homemade taco seasoning recipe
- ¾ cup water
- 1-½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup cooked rice
- Sour cream for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Wash peppers then slice lengthwise in half through the middle and remove seeds. Place in a casserole dish with 1/4 cups of water. Cover and bake for 10 minutes, or until peppers are soft. Check periodically for doneness.
- In the meantime, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Add the taco seasoning and water and cook according to recipe or packet instructions. After the meat is cooked, mix in sour cream, salsa, rice, corn, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place cooked peppers inside the dish and generously stuff with meat and cheese mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 350 ° F for 20-30 minutes until peppers heated through and cheese melted. In conclusion, Garnish with sour cream and sliced green onions. Enjoy!