- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 12-14 ounces each
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Diced tomato
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
Taco lovers get in here! Here is a recipe that could make your weekend dinner a memorable one. I know you’ve tried different fillings for Tacos but you should definitely add this to the list. These stuffed goodies are an healthy option on weekend nights. Tacos can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, pork, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese, which provides great versatility and variety.
They are often decorated with various seasonings, such as salsa, guacamole or sour cream, and vegetables, such as lettuce, onions, tomatoes and chili. Tacos are a common form of Mexican street food, that has spread throughout the world. Stuffed meals always hold delicious promise any day and any time and nothing makes a game better than some sweet potatoes, as well as delicious taco meat, soft cheese, or fresh, lettuce!
Just in case you have family members who are not great fans of sweet potatoes, you can take advantage of this meal to help them not miss out of the benefits of sweet potatoes. Make this mouth-watering taco with sweet potatoes the highlight of the weekend for you and your family. If you are looking to add more healthy meals to your diet, then tasting more potatoes is the way to go!
These yellow or orange fibrous power houses are good for healthy eyesight. They also help with weight loss as they are very filling and satisfy cravings faster. Their low cholesterol and high fiber content helps to keep a healthy heart. These are just a few of the benefits of potatoes. They are easy to prepare, they are cheap, and you can get them at any time of the year!
As their name suggests, they are also sweet and they serve as ingredients for a number of meals such as baked sweet potato chips, curried sweet potato soup and sweet potato salad. You should eat more of them often especially with as a part of your meals. I know you are a lover of good food and great taste. The soft melting taste of your sweet potato and toppings and the crunching taste of the tacos shells are a game-changer.
This is a great option for a nice and comfortable dinner. The good news is - It only takes 20 minutes to get ready! If you have 20 minutes to spare and a deep craving to give your taste buds with an overdue but healthy treat, then you should definitely try out this recipe.
- Brown ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 5 more minutes until mixture has thickened and is heated through. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency.
- While the meat is cooking, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, turning sweet potatoes over once halfway through. If potatoes aren't soft enough, continue cooking 1-3 minutes more. Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then slice them lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Spoon the cooked taco meat over the sweet potatoes and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream. Enjoy!