- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes (or salsa)
- 14 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Tex Mex turkey taco skillet is one of those delicious dishes you can prepare at home. It is healthy, affordable, and easy to make. They are lovely! What a perfect recipe for taco night! It amazes us how this easy to make dish takes all the flavors of a traditional Tex Mex style taco and combines them in an easy one-dish. This meal is a total package.
You are going to love this hearty, filling meal that can be made in a single skillet. Enjoy Mexican food at the comfort of your home. If you are a lover of a skillet dish, Tex Mex Turkey Taco Skillet is just the perfect meal to prepare for yourself. You have an unexpected guest, and you have no idea of what to cook? Try this skillet dish; they will fall in love with it. In 30 minutes, this delicious and healthy meal is ready. Trust me; it is worthy of every second spent! To prepare this skillet dish, you will need olive oil, minced tomatoes, diced green and red bell peppers, ground turkey, garlic cloves, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, quick-cooking brown rice, and low sodium chicken broth.
Topping it with green onions and cilantro won’t be a bad idea. Feel free to top it up with sliced black olives, diced red onions, salsa, or hot sauce. Enjoy!
- Start by heating your oil over medium-high heat. Add the already diced onions and pepper to the oil and cook until they begin to soften (this should take about 4-6 minutes).
- Next add the ground turkey, cook it through for about 6-8 minutes (it should be browned).
- To the ground turkey, add taco seasoning and garlic—Cook for another minute, or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Now, add the tomatoes, brown rice, corn, and chicken broth. Simmer the whole mixture, cover the skillet, and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice becomes tender and has soaked up most of the liquid.
- Top the skillet dish with cheese, cover it again to melt the cheese. Once the cheese is melted, your meal is ready! Serve it and garnish it with the topping.