- 1 (11 oz.) can whole corn kernel, rinsed and drained
- 2 (11 oz.) cans creamed corn
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- OVegetable oil, as needed
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together corn kernels and creamed corn. Season with salt and pepper, then drop spoonfuls of mixture onto lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in freezer to chill until set.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal and flour, then whisk in onion and garlic powders. Season generously with salt and pepper, then mix in egg and milk, stirring until batter comes together and is smooth.
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. (Oil is hot enough when water sprinkled in it sizzles.)
- Remove corn mixture from freezer, then dip each frozen corn ball in batter.
- Carefully lower into hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season lightly with salt. Enjoy!