A favorite of Miss Jones herself, this version of a classic Texas sheet cake is equal parts gooey chocolate cake, decadent homemade icing, and crunchy pecans.
It's an easy recipe to double up if you've got a Texas-sized crew, and you can even get creative with toppings if you like; chopped nuts, crispy rice, coconut flakes, or dried cherries are all delicious.
magic of this recipe happens while everything's scorching hot, so it's the perfect treat for summertime baking.
- Vegans can substitute flax eggs, plant-based milk, and coconut oil for the cake recipe. For the icing, substitute coconut oil for butter and plant-based milk for normal milk.
- Grease your pan, then line with parchment paper to make cake removal a breeze!
Miss Jones Baking Co.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, water, and melted butter. Add in Miss Jones Organic Chocolate Cake Mix and stir until fully combined.
- Pour cake batter into a greased quarter sheet pan or 9x9 pan. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, or until the top of the cake springs back when touched.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, prepare the frosting. Melt butter in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Whisk in the cocoa and milk, then bring the mixture to a boil for 30 seconds before removing it from the stovetop. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour hot icing immediately over the cake and top with chopped nuts, if desired. Slice and serve Texas Sheet Cake!