- 32 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons sriracha
- Chopped peanuts for garnish , optional
If you are looking for a delicious meal to serve your friends, loved ones, and family for holiday parties or your next Asian food potluck, try these Thai Peanut Chicken Wings. Believe us, you will be licking your fingers after this dish! To say these chicken wings are just too good is an understatement. You are gonna love them!
They are straightforward to make; all you need to get this perfect appetizer done are pantry ingredients. Feel free to serve it with steamed rice or Thai cold noodle salad. We love how versatile Thai Peanut Chicken Wings are. You might never go back to buffalo wings once you taste this crispy chicken wings tossed in a creamy, spicy peanut sauce and crushed peanuts.
What are the ingredients you need to prepare Thai Peanut Chicken Wings? To make this delicious appetizer, you will need- chicken wings, vegetable oil, ground black pepper, kosher salt, ground ginger, garlic powder, creamy peanut butter, and fresh lime juice. You will also need reduced-sodium soy sauce, fresh lime juice, brown sugar, sriracha, and chopped peanuts.
You can store it by placing it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 4 days. For best results, ensure you store the sauce and wings separately. If you want more spicy Thai chicken wings, make use of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Start by preheating your oven to a temperature of about 400ºF. Rinse the chicken with water and pat dry.
- Now, place the chicken wings and add vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Line baking sheets with tin foil and place a wire rack on each baking sheet. Toss the chicken with hands.
- Now, bake until the chicken wings become crispy and browned, this process should take you 40-45 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add garlic powder, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, sriracha, and ginger to a blender, and blend everything together until they become smooth.
- Once the chicken wings come out of the oven, place them in a large bowl, and pour some of the peanut sauce over the wings. Then toss so that all the wings are coated!
- Finally, bake it for additional 15 minutes, remove it from the oven, and toss with the remaining sauce and garnish with chopped peanuts.