- 1 box cake mix of choice
- 1 cup ready-made frosting of choice
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cake-pop sticks
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well.
- Using your hands, mold about 1 tablespoon of cake mix into a ball. Place on a lined cookie sheet. Continue until all of the cake mixes are used. Place in the freezer until firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, making sure to stir after each time. Continue microwaving and stirring until chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tip of 1 cake-pop stick about 1/2 inch into melted chocolate and then insert the stick into a cake ball, no more than halfway through. Repeat with remaining sticks and cake balls. Return cake pops to cookie sheet. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Dip cake pops into melted chocolate, tapping off any excess, and then cover with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Serve and enjoy!