- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 16 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon thyme, picked off the stem
The Ultimate Garlicky Mushroom Side Dish should be your new go-to! It’s an easy and quick, only 10 minutes dish that goes with almost everything. Garlicky mushrooms are the best idea of a melt-in-your-mouth breakfast. Most times garlicky mushrooms are cooked in garlic and butter to give the mushrooms that yummy garlic flavor. Onions are also important ingredients that make the side dish stand out from your regular garlic mushrooms.
Once you try this out, you'll always want to use this recipe. For the mushroom lovers, it can be a side dish to main course meals like kale and sweet potato stuffed turkey breast, slow-cooker roasted chicken, or pork roast with crackle. This is one of the best options as an appetizer. The mushrooms used should be sliced evenly. Button mushrooms can be used. Wild mushrooms or Swiss brown mushrooms are also good alternatives.
Most importantly, use the mushrooms you are most familiar with. Don't forget to rinse your mushrooms before slicing to prevent them from getting slimy. Mushrooms should also be clean well with a damp cloth or towel. Carefully rinse under cold water. Don't rinse them in or soak inside cold water to prevent them from being sponge-like.
Soaking the mushrooms in water can stop them from being brown when cooked, and undeniably you won't want that to happen. Avoid over-crowding the saucepan when cooking your mushrooms; make sure there's enough surface area in the saucepan so they can brown well. Serve your delicious garlicky mushrooms warm with any other dish of your choice. Dinner is ready!
- Heat oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Once hot add shallots, cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add water, balsamic vinegar and herbs and cook until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Serve warm!