Remember Salisbury Steak, your favorite childhood dinner? Newsflash: Not only is this dish super easy to make, but it has also held up well over the years -- and still tastes delicious. Give this simple, affordable dinner a try!
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup French onion soup, egg, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until combined. Don't overmix!
- Divide mixture into six equal portions, then roll each into an oval patty.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, quickly brown patties on both sides and pour out the extra fat. Don't worry about cooking them all the way through.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and the rest of the soup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder. Pour into skillet over meat patties.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles.