- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup French onion soup, egg, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until combined. Don't overmix!
- Divide mixture into six equal portions, then roll each into an oval patty.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, quickly brown patties on both sides and pour out the extra fat. Don't worry about cooking them all the way through.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and the rest of the soup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard powder. Pour into skillet over meat patties.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles.