- 1 box Barilla thick spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on a bias
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile. in a skillet sauté onion with olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in turmeric and vegetable broth and simmer for 3 minutes
- Cook pasta according to directions but drain two minutes early, reserving 1/2 cup of water.
- Finish cooking pasta with vegetable mixture and cooking liquid over high heat.
- Top with pumpkin seeds before serving.