- ½ cup soaked cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2 (14-ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Soak the cashew in hot water for 1 hour, drain and rinse.
- Into a blender, add soaked cashew and water and blend until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until softened. Add the tomato purée and carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in vegetable stock and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the can tomato and cook for another 10 minutes. Into a blender, combine tomato mixture and blend until smooth. Ladle into serving bowls and swirl cashew cream on each.
- Add cheese croutons and fresh basil.
- Cut the Baguette in Half.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Add cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in the oven under broil for 5 minutes.