Serves: 6 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Italian mixed herbs , or other dried herbs of choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound pasta shells
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cans StarKist E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive Oil , for drizzling
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat and add the tomatoes, including the juice, tomato paste, water and herbs. Simmer gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the shell pasta and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Pour off the excess oil from the StarKist E.V.O.O.® Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and gently fold the tuna into the tomato sauce. Add the ricotta cheese, and add salt to taste. Turn off the heat. Mix the sauce with the pasta in a large bowl.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a 2 to 3 quart casserole dish and top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with oil, top with cheese then bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes until golden.
- Let stand for 3 minutes. Garnish with thyme sprigs and ENJOY!