- Fresh carved Turkey meat
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 large carrot
- Strips of cucumber, red bell pepper, jicama (optional)
- Fresh basil
- Fresh lettuce
- Rice paper for rolling
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Spring rolls are just an easy and delicious way to make quick meals, using what you have available you can make a nice roll and arrange a whole meal within just a couple of minutes. This recipe is no exception using turkey, avocado, and a creamy peanut dip. This spring roll will become a favorite for quick meals for you and your loved ones.
This is quick and simple, while we do need a turkey for our spring rolls, we can play around with the peanut dip, instead of using peanut butter, you could also make it with almond butter, and even cashew butter. Each one brings a different and interesting flavor to your rolls. For our recipe, we are going to be using small strips of turkey meat, a nice ripe avocado in small pieces and a chopped carrot, some cucumber, and stripped red pepper, basil, and lettuce.
All our vegetables chopped and sliced that can easily fit our spring rolls. And of course rice paper for our rolls. For the peanut dip, we are using peanut butter (almond or cashew butter), rice vinegar, sesame oil, and hoisin; if you want a different texture, you can simply add water.
You can serve them with your hoisin dip or any other preferred dipping sauce. There are many tools available for those spring roll lovers to make this even easier, but for those of you who are not pros, it's easy. You could practice with some other paper, or with the same, just make sure your rolls don’t tear, you want them nice and tight but not too tight. Make variations of this recipe, use different dippings, get creative as there is no way of going wrong with spring rolls.
They are easy to make, delicious, and you can simply fill them with whatever you have at home. Quick, simple and tasty, what can beat that? And in case you are trying to get even more creative, you can do fried spring rolls, vegetarian rolls, siblings of the traditional egg rolls. For a healthier way, you can even make your spring rolls without any meat on them. There are plenty of ways we can play with this recipe.
- Start with the hoisin peanut dip, Mix all the ingredients, hoisin, peanut butter, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, blend until get a nice mix. Then once chopped and sliced all the ingredients and had turkey nicely striped, rice paper and surface ready to assemble the rolls.
- Then add warm water in a bowl and dip the rice paper into the bowl for a few seconds and lay it on the rolling surface.
- Now start filling and layering, starting with the lettuce, and then add the remaining ingredients in the desired order. Roll the wrapper over the filling, using the fingers tuck and roll the wrapper, don’t let it to be loose, make sure it is nice and tight as well as round.