- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 3 green onions (green and white parts), sliced
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 lemon , juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The greatest pleasure is good food - thoughtfully prepared and shared with the people you love- this ultimate chicken salad offers you that pleasure. It is creamy, crunchy, yet incorporates the perfect balance of flavors! This ultimate chicken salad is a total winner!
When it comes to preparation, it is straightforward to make. Is it healthy? Yes, it is. Not only that, but it is also bright and flavorful. A perfect salad to make any summer meal a breeze. You should be wondering why this chicken salad is ultimate by now- well, the secret to this ultimate salad are the herbs, and the secret ingredient- tarragon. Tarragon goes well with the chicken and gives it that WOW factor you are craving.
The key to this recipe is how these simple ingredients unique flavors meld together. To make it, we are going to use chicken breast, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red grapes, celery, green onion, toasted almonds, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- For the best flavor, poach the chicken. Place them into a wide pot, cover with cold water, add a bit of salt, then bring the water to simmer.
- Allow the chicken to simmer for about 10 minutes, then check to be sure the chicken cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, let it rest to allow the juices to redistribute, then chill the chicken in the fridge (a vital process).
- It's time to prepare this ultimate chicken salad. Toast almonds in a pan on the stove, then allow it to cool completely to room temperature.
- Next, dice the chicken breasts into small pieces, dice the celery, parsley, tarragon, and slice the green onion. Also, quarter the grapes.
- Lastly, add all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix everything until they combine. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.