- 1 1/2 lbs petite (or baby) red or white potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease (optional)
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pinch ground celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Feeling bored with the same old meal? Stuck in a rut? We know the feeling, that’s why we want to introduce you to this awesome recipe - Ultimate Potato Salad. There is so much to love about this salad that you won’t be able to decide the best flavor. You will enjoy this zesty classic potato salad full of crunchy veggies, and tossed in a creamy dressing! A perfect salad for any BBQ or summer outing!
This classic salad is your go-to salad every time you need a dish for a gathering. What an ideal crowd-pleaser this salad is! There is no way you won’t fall in love with this easy to make salad. What do you need to prepare this potato salad? You will need red or white potatoes, kosher salt, apple cider vinegar, peeled and coarse hard-boiled eggs. You will also need cooked and crumbled bacon, red onion that has been peeled and finely diced, celery, and finely chopped sweet pickles.
For the dressing, all you need to get are- mayonnaise, whole-grain Dijon mustard, granulated sugar, ground celery seed, and black pepper. What kind of potatoes can you use? Waxier potatoes, starchy potatoes, and baby potatoes all go well for this salad. Just know that the waxier potatoes hold up better and not that mushy, starchy potatoes break down a lot during cooking, and baby potatoes involve less chopping. The choice is all yours! Are you ready to dive into the world of this ultimate potato salad?
Store the salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for a maximum of 3-4 days. Using bacon grease makes the dressing “pop,” but if you want, you can omit it. You could use pickle juice for a different flavor instead. If you are not a huge fan of red onion or it is not available, feel free to make use of already chopped green onions. Just ensure you add onion so that your salad won’t lack a flavor punch. Enjoy!
- The wonder of this salad begins with the simple boiling of potatoes. Once the potatoes are boiling, simply add your salt and stir.
- The next thing to do is to drain the potatoes and add vinegar. Return the potatoes to a colander and make the dressing.
- Finally, assemble the potato salad and allow it cool. Enjoy yourself with this no-fuss salad.