- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese packages, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Caramel sauce, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a pie pan with 1 pie crust.
- With a hand mixer on high, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add in eggs and mix until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, add apples, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Mix to combine. Gently place apples on top of the cream cheese mixture. Top apples with second pie crust turning the crust inwards to bake.
- Cut a few small slits into the top of the pie. Line a pan with parchment paper and place the pie on the pan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until the apples feel soft when a knife is inserted. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pie and flip it upside down releasing the pie onto the plate. Cool 1 hour on the countertop and then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, top with caramel sauce and enjoy!