- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (medium)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 potato (large)
- 1 carrots (large)
- 1 parsnip
- 1 celery stalk
- 14 oz Red kidney beans
- 14 oz Chickpeas
- 14 oz Chopped tomatoes
- 2,5 oz Tomato paste
- 6 cup Veggie broth
- 1 cup Small shells pasta aka Conchiglie (dry)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano ground
- 1 teaspoon Basil ground
- 1 teaspoon Thyme (dried) ground
- 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika powder
- 1 Bay leaves
- Parsley (fresh)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Have you been craving Italian soup, but don’t know which one to prepare? Try this Famous Vegan Minestrone Soup out. Prepare this colorful veggie-packed comfort food for your friends who are not lovers of Italian cuisine, and watch them convert instantly. There is no way your friends won’t enjoy this meal! Italian Vegan Minestrone Soup “is a thick tomato and veggie broth-based soup loaded with seasonal vegetables, beans, and pasta” Naturally, it is seasoned with Italian spices like oregano and basil.
The more vegetables you use, the more delicious the soup will be. Make it more fun and colorful by using more legumes and veggies. To prepare this soup, you will need olive oil, onion, clove garlic, potato, carrot, parsnip, celery stalk, beans of your choice (be it red kidney beans, cannellini beans, pinto beans, or cranberry beans), chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, veggie broth, small shells pasta, oregano ground, basil ground, thyme, sweet paprika powder, bay leaves, parsley, salt, and pepper.
You should be intimated by how voluminous the ingredients are, just kidding! The soup is super easy to prepare. Let’s begin the cooking process!!!
- Start by peeling and chopping onions and garlic. Wash, peel, and dice the potato too. Likewise, wash, peel, and slice the carrot, parsnip, and celery stalk. Finally, cook the pasta of your choice separately according to package instructions.
- Start by heating olive oil over medium heat, then cook the chopped onion for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add your already chopped garlic, parsnip, sliced carrot, and celery. Cook it for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now, add tomato paste, tomatoes, sweet paprika powder, and bring to boil. Once that is done, add the seasoning as well as the dried bay leaves, and stir them together until they combine.
- Add veggie broth, diced potatoes, and cook until the potatoes are soft. Once the potatoes are softened, add canned or cooked beans, chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add your already cooked pasta and the freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy yourself. Store your remaining soup in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days for later consumption.