Serves: 4 people
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
For Mashed Potato Waffles:
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- Non-stick spray
- 2 cups leftover stuffing/dressing
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- Non-stick spray
- 4 vegan chicken/turkey breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- Heat a waffle iron to the highest temperature and preheat the oven to the recommended temperature on your chicken/turkey package.
- Combine mashed potato waffle ingredients in a bowl, adjusting flour and milk ratio until your batter is moist but not soupy.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray and press about 1/4 cup of batter into each section of the waffle iron. Close the waffle iron and cook until crispy.
- Place finished waffles on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat the process with remaining batter, making sure to spray the iron with non-stick spray between each waffle. You should be able to get 2 large waffles out of the batter.
- Combine leftover stuffing ingredients in a bowl, again, adjusting the flour and milk ratio until your batter is moist but not soupy. Repeat the same process as you did with the mashed potato waffles.
- Place finished waffles on the same plate and cover with foil.
- When your oven is heated, cook chicken/turkey according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and sauté until spinach are wilted. Add red pepper flakes (if using) and remove from the heat.
- To assemble, cut waffles into quarters. Place a mashed potato waffle on a plate followed by cranberry sauce, a chicken/turkey breast, spinach and finally a stuffing waffle.