We find canned diced tomatoes are better than winter tomatoes
for this easy-to-prepare, dairy-free vodka sauce. Diced tomatoes, Andre Prost Coconut Milk, and vodka make an ultra-creamy, velvety sauce that is vegan. vegan vodka sauce is more healthy than the regular vodka sauce.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Pour olive oil into a heavy-bottomed saucepan or Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute until shallots are wilted and garlic is beginning to golden. Add red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in tomatoes and vodka. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-10 minutes or until sauce starts to reduce.
- Puree tomato mixture in a blender with Andre Prost Coconut Milk in 2 batches.
- Return tomato sauce to a saucepan and add basil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to box directions. Drain and quickly rinse.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add pasta and cheese, if desired. Toss and serve!