For the Pepperoni-Spiced Roasted Carrots:
- 3 large carrots coin sized slices
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated roasted red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated banana pepper slices
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
Vegetarian Antipasto Salad is a good choice for when your diet is running low on veggies. This dish is healthy and packed with nutrients. It's easy to make and can be enjoyed as a dinner with friends and family. This recipe is customizable also, switch up the ingredients you don’t have or like with your choice of ingredients. Enjoy!For the Pepperoni-Spiced Roasted Carrots:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the smoked paprika, dried garlic, ground mustard, 1/2 tsp chopped fennel seeds, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Place the carrot coins onto the prepared baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil to coat. Add spices and toss until all the carrot coins are evenly coated. Spread carrots into an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast on the middle rack for 15 minutes, flipping after 10, or until the coins are easily pierced with a fork.
- While those roast, in a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup red wine vinegar, ¼ cup water, and salt. Add thinly sliced onions and set aside to pickle while preparing the rest of the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together fennel seeds, orange juice, zest, vinegar, salt, and pepper. While whisking, slowly pour olive oil into the dressing until it’s emulsified. Set aside.
- Drain the red onions and toss in a large serving bowl with the iceberg lettuce, carrot coins, olives, banana peppers, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, roasted red pepper, and dressing. Sprinkle with feta and serve right away.