- 1 box White Cake Mix (plus water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box)
- ¼ Teaspoon Pink Paste Food Color
- ¾ Cup Vanilla Frosting (from 1-lb container)
- ¾ Cup Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 32 Paper Lollipop Sticks
- 1 bag (16 oz) White Candy melts or coating wafers, melted
- 1 bag (16 oz) Green Candy melts or coating wafers, melted
- Corn Syrup
- Dark Green Sanding Sugar
- Angled Sponge or culinary safe paint brush
- Foam Block
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cake pans with cooking spray. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box using water, oil, and eggs and adding Pink paste food color. Cool completely.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Shape into 32 oblong balls; place on cookie sheet. Freeze until firm.
- Remove several cake balls from the freezer at a time. Dip tip of 1 lollipop stick 1/2 inch into melted White candy and insert stick into 1 cake ball no more than halfway. Place in refrigerator.
- Once set, Dip each cake ball into melted WHITE candy to cover; tap off excess. Poke opposite end of the stick into Foam Block. Let stand until the coating is completely set.
- Re-Dip each cake ball into melted Green candy to cover; tap off excess. Return sticks to Foam Block. Let stand until set.
- With Sponge (or paintbrush), line Cake Balls with Corn Syrup then sprinkle Green Sanding Sugar to look like watermelons. Let stand until set.