- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon beef gelatin, optional
Whipped Matcha is a perfect alternative for whipped coffee! It’s made with only four ingredients – namely, Matcha powder (ground green tea), beef gelatin (optional), water, and coconut sugar.
The Matcha journey has begun long ago in China (along with other teas). But, it was brought to Japan by an influential monk and refined into the process we now know today. However, Japan is now considered the birthplace of Matcha. However, Matcha is traditionally used as hot tea in Japanese tea ceremonies but has also become versatile because of its many benefits for the mind, body, and soul. Speaking of benefits, Matcha has been proven to improve the skin, boost metabolism, and help with weight loss.
Whipped Matcha looks precisely like Dalgona coffee, except the frothy brown coffee layer has been replaced with a layer of whipped green Matcha tea. It also avoids the use of white sugar and replaces it with coconut sugar as a healthy substitute.
Whipped Matcha is straightforward to make – trust us, it’s not gonna take much of your time. Like Whipped Coffee, you can make Whipped Matcha ahead of time, so you won’t need to make it every day! You can also drink your Whipped Matcha either hot or mixed with milk over ice. Tada! Take a sip while you watch your favorite TV show, and enjoy your Whipped Matcha.
- Start by adding your Matcha powder, beef gelatin (optional), coconut sugar, and 3 tablespoons of water to a measuring cup or mug.
- Then, using an electric hand mixer, whisk the Matcha vigorously for about 3-5 minutes, or until it’s well combined. If you don’t whisk for this long, the mixture will not become fluffy.
- Lastly, pour the Whipped Matcha into a glass of chilled or steamed milk.