- 1 pinch of saffron
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cm piece of ginger
- Olive oil
- 1 teaaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 2.5 kg mixed veg , such as aubergines, courgettes, carrots, cherry tomatoes, red onion, butternut squash, mixed-colour peppers
- 1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas
- 100 g dried apricots
- 1 preserved lemon
- 300 g couscous
- ½ a bunch of mixed fresh herbs , such as dill, mint, flat-leaf parsley
- 20 g flaked almonds
This Wonderful Veg Tagine is the perfect meal to start your week! This delicious and easy to make a meal is for everyone. Whether you are looking to embrace a meat-free day, live a vegetarian lifestyle, or just want to try something different at home, this excellent Veg Tagine is the right dish to prepare. Jamie Oliver says: “In the summer, I grow most of these vegetables, and I’m always eager to pick, wash and race to cook this dish- the flavor is just extraordinary with tender, delicate veg.” what are you waiting for?
You should give this delicious vegetable tagine recipe from Jamie Oliver that is full of fresh and healthy ingredients a try. There is no way you won’t enjoy this meatless recipe. This recipe is not too tricky, what a perfect dish for your dinner party, and lunch. Take your taste bud to Morocco while the rest of your body stays happily plunked in front of Netflix with this delicious Vegetable Tagine. Isn’t that wonderful?
To prepare this Wonderful Veg Tagine, you will need- saffron cloves of garlic, ginger, olive oil, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, ras el hanout, sun-dried tomato paste, chickpeas, dried apricots, preserved lemon, couscous, and flaked almonds. You will also need a bunch of mixed herbs-dill, mint, flat-leaf parsley, the combination of aubergines, courgettes, carrots, cherry tomatoes, red onion, butternut squash, and, mixed-color peppers. Are you ready to prepare this Wonderful Veg Tagine?
- Start by putting the saffron into a jug, cover with boiling water, and leave to infuse.
- While this is going on, peel and finely slice the garlic and ginger, place them in a large casserole pan over medium heat with a little oil, then add cumin, cinnamon, and ras el hanout.
- Next, you add tomato paste, fry it for a few minutes, then pour over your saffron water. Prepare your vegetables, then chop them into large chunks, add them to the pan.
- Chip in the chickpeas (juices and all), roughly chop your apricots, then season it with your sea salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, cover it, and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until it becomes tender. When the vegetables are almost tender or ready, all you need to do is to cover the couscous with boiling water, season it with salt and pepper, and pop a plate on top of it.
- Leave it for like 10 minutes, then fluff and fork up. Pick the herb leaves and toast the almonds.
- Lastly, serve the tagine and couscous sprinkled with the almonds and herbs. That’s it! This wonderful dish is ready! Serve this Wonderful Veg Tagine with harissa rippled yogurt.