Spicy Shrimp Chowmeein (Chinese)
Don’t go out for chow mein, make your own with this easy and tasty recipe for Spicy Shrimp Chow Mein. It’s like, legit amazing.
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, de-shelled and de-veined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (more or less according to your preference)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Cook chow mein noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until shrimp is pink.
Add garlic, cabbage, chili flakes, soy sauce, oyster sauce and water. Stir to combine.
When liquid starts to bubble, add chow mein noodles, bean sprouts and green onion. Toss until fully coated.
Garnish with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy!