Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars are full of all the delicious things you love.
Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars
25 to 35 minutes
10 – 12
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 12 ounces caramel sauce
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil and grease with cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamed and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt until combined.
3) Slowly beat in 4 cups of flour until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
4) In a small bowl, mix together caramel sauce and 1/4 cup flour until combined.
5) Press about 2/3 of cookie dough in the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of prepared baking dish. Top with caramel sauce and remaining cookie dough.
6) Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. The center will still be jiggly.
7) Remove from oven and cool completely before serving. Enjoy!