Pretty much the only thing we want to bake every single weekend.
Country Apple Fritter
50 to 60 minutes
- FOR THE FRITTER
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
2) In a bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
4) In another, larger bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract and milk. Finally, add dry mixture and beat until fully combined.
5) Pour 1/2 of the batter into loaf pan. Top with 1/2 of the chopped apples and 1/2 brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Repeat layers one more time.
6) Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
7) While fritter cools, make your glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until the desired consistency is reached. If it’s too wet, add more powdered sugar. Too dry, add more milk.
8) Pour glaze over fritter, serve and enjoy!