Okay, they might not be real donuts, but they are really good and really cute!
Donut Rice Krispies Treats
6 – 8
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Blue candy melts
- Pink candy melts
- White candy melts
- Rainbow sprinkles
1) Combine marshmallows and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir.
2) Fold in Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until combined and cereal is fully coated. Press into a greased, 9×13 inch baking dish. Cool completely.
3) Turn cooled Rice Krispies Treats over onto a cutting board. Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out donuts. Make a whole in the center either with the back of a wooden spoon, or with a smaller cookie cutter.
4) Melt candy melts in separate small bowls in the microwave. Microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth and melted.
5) Dip donuts in pink and blue candy melts. Place on cookie sheet. Drizzle white candy melts onto donuts and top with rainbow sprinkles.
6) Let cool completely, until candy melts are set. Serve and enjoy!