Impress Your Friends With This Flaming Bob Marley Shot
Who doesn't love creative liqueur shots, especially when you can light them on fire?
We can't guarantee that when this shot hits you, you'll feel no pain, but we can assure you that this good looking Bob Marley-inspired shot is a lot of fun.
It looks pretty, but it's actually relatively simple to make, even if you light it on fire.
Whether or not you decide to light up your shot, it isn't as hard to make as it looks. Even better, you can play around with the ingredients, as long as the replacement is a similar density as the original ingredient. Don't like banana liqueur? Try Galliano. Don't want to go buy creme de menthe? Try blue curacao.
If you follow these basic principles, this is a pretty versatile tribute to the reggae legend.
The key to getting that clean layered look is patience and a light hand. Take your time pouring this one.
Here is the recipe, via Stuff Happens:
- Banana liqueur or similar yellow liqueur
- Green or blue liqueur
- Bacardi 151 or similar overproof rum (You can use other gold rum if you aren't lighting it on fire)
- Fill approximately one third of your shot glass with grenadine.
- Very gently, add a layer of yellow liqueur (we used banana liqueur). The easiest way to do this is by floating the liqueur over a bar spoon, although a regular teaspoon should work just as well. Alternatively, you can simply tilt the shot glass and carefully pour a layer directly into the glass.
- In a separate glass, mix together approximately one part blue or green liqueur (we recommend creme de menthe) with one part Bacardi 151. Give it a quick stir and then carefully float it on top of the shot, the same way you did with the previous layer.
- Optional step to kick things up a few notches: float a final layer of Bacardi 151 on top of the green layer, and (carefully) light it on fire!