- 1 container whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 can tidbits pineapple, drained well - or use crushed pineapple
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed, cut in half
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, white or multi-colored
- 1 cup chopped nuts - walnuts or pecans
If what you are looking for is light and fruity salad, then look no more- Ambrosia salad is the right and perfect salad you should make for yourself. It is easy, colorful, and fun to make. This salad will be first to disappear from your plate when eating, trust me! Even though it is old-schooled, it is still classic. It has lots of hidden fruity bites, and it is a perfect holiday recipe for you and your family.
You have found the right recipe dessert to make for your kids at home. Very easy and straightforward to make- all you need is a bowl and a spoon, no need for any fancy or expensive equipment. It is the ideal recipe for your unicorn themed birthday party, if you prepare this ambrosia salad for everybody at your party, you will be surprised how happy they will be!
Even in Greek, ambrosia salad translates to “food of the gods.” You need to know you won’t be disappointed by this salad. You can serve this light salad as a potluck, cookout, and a fun picnic side dish. It is a great recipe to balance out all the savory going on. It is also perfect for any holiday- either your Christmas, Easter, thanksgiving- it will work perfectly well for them. For your kid’s birthday party, you can also prepare it to add more fun to your party.
There is no way all the kiddos won’t love this unicorn salad! To prepare this special salad, you don’t need any fancy ingredients at all; all you need to get are- sour cream, mandarin oranges, whipped topping, pineapple tidbits, marshmallows, chopped nuts, and sweetened shredded coconut.
Store your leftover ambrosia in a refrigerator for not more than 3 days (you will need to place it in an airtight container). If you like, you can vary your ingredients to add more fun to this dessert. Sliced kiwi, half grapes, and berries would also work correctly!
- Preparation of this fruity salad begins with a combination of the whipped topping and sour cream until they become smooth. Followed by folding the oranges, pineapples, cherries, marshmallows, nuts, and coconut until everything becomes well coated.
- Then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 1hour or more depending on your refrigerator. The last thing you need to do is to top your ambrosia salad with extra whipped topping and a cherry. Enjoy!
Note: To get the best result of ambrosia salad, make use of your favorite fruits, just ensure they are chopped into smaller pieces, add your favorite fruit you have available, but mandarin oranges and cherries are no go area for ambrosia salad. Always serve it when chill. Your marshmallows are very important, you should not skip them as they give it the cloud-like texture!