- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¾ cup canned corn kernels, drained
- ¾ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Ranch dressing
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup tortilla strips
Have you ever wanted BBQ but you haven't felt like firing up the grill? You don't want to go outside, make sure you have enough propane, then wait while the meat cooks, then clean the grill, then finally come inside. It almost takes two people, how do you watch the grill outside and make the rest of the food inside? I'll never understand, I’m just not coordinated enough.
Or, on the other hand, maybe you don't even have a grill? Maybe you decided to jump on the tiny house bandwagon and you decided you didn't need a grill or an oven and all you have is a stove? Well it turns out you don't need a grill or a stove to make good BBQ.
All you need is a stove, a pan or skillet, and your favorite sauce. It's done in your kitchen and you make all your side dishes or whatever else at the same time. This recipe is really easy to make. All you do is put your pan or skillet on the stove over medium heat. Don't forget to add some olive oil to the pan (adds flavor and prevents sticking).
Then you put your chicken breasts in the pan and flip them once. It only takes about 3-4 minutes per side. And the chicken is done. Put the salad together with whatever you like. Some of this recipe's suggestions are beans, corn, lettuce, and onions… and of course your favorite BBQ sauce. I never thought BBQ could be so easy.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips.