- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 8 to 10 ounces egg noodles
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- FOR THE SAUCE
1) Pound chicken breast to 1/2 inch thick. Marinate in hoisin sauce for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. Grill chicken over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice diagonally and set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce until combined. Set aside.
3) Cook egg noodles according to package instructions, being careful not to overcook.
4) Heat sesame oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red bell pepper slices and cook 1 minute. Add cooked noodles, bean sprouts, sliced chicken and sauce. Stir over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
5) Remove from heat, garnish with more sliced scallions if desired, serve and enjoy!