- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- Ice cream, for serving
1) Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in butter, vanilla and salt.
2) When butter is melted and mixture is simmering, remove from heat and stir in flour. Add eggs one at a time. Continue mixing until everything is fully combined. Transfer to a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut off.
3) In a large pot, heat oil until it reaches 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4) Pipe dough into oil, making a spiral shape, aka, the classic funnel cake shape. Fry for about 3 minutes per side, or until dough has puffed and funnel cake is golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
5) In a bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon-sugar. Coat funnel cake completely in mixture.
6) Place on a serving plate, top with ice cream, caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. Serve and enjoy!