- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 slices smoked or baked deli ham
- 12 slices cheddar cheese halved
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
It’s time to ditch the dip and provide a simple, yet tasty treat to your friends and family. This is where Ham and Cheese Sliders will gladly take the wheel. These little sliders are perfect for pretty much any kind of gathering. Succulent smoked ham, woven between melty cheese.
All tucked into soft, pillowy baked buns, complete with a savory poppy seed glaze that truly seals the deal. For a lot of us, time is not on our side. Between busy schedules and daily deadlines, you may only have a limited window for culinary pursuits. But these sliders are extremely simple to prepare! From the simple list of ingredients to the 30 min total cook/prep time, these sensational sliders are perfect to make in a pinch.
Additionally, they keep very well frozen, perfect for prepping ahead of time. Another tremendous benefit is how customizable these sliders are! Switching from different cheeses, or even alternate meats doesn’t change the prep or bake time. So feel free to have fun with your little creations!
- Let’s start off by preheating the oven to 350º(F). Cut each of the rolls in half (using a serrated knife if possible).
- Then spread a small amount of mayo onto each individual halve. Now, fold each of your smoked ham slices in half, and place them on the bottom part of your rolls, then lay a piece of cheddar cheese (halved) on top of the ham. Now lay the top half of the bun over each of the sliders.
- Next, we are going to grab a non-stick baking pan. You may have trouble fitting all 24 sliders onto one pan. So, we recommend using a 9x13 pan (should fit about 15 sliders), plus an additional 9x9 pan (fits about 10 sliders) for the remainder. Keep in mind, you don’t have to make all 24 sliders.
- Take a medium mixing bowl, and toss in the yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and melted butter, and vigorously whisk together to make the sauce.
- Once combined, use a small brush to gently coat the top of each slider. Go ahead and be generous with the sauce, we need it for an even bake.
- By now your oven should be warmed up. Place the sliders inside, and bake them for about 10-15 minutes. You want your cheese to be nice and melty, and ham to be warm all the way through.
Tip: If you want your buns to be a little less browned, wrap your baking tray in aluminum foil. Let the sliders cool for about 5-8 minutes, and they are ready to serve!