- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepepr flakes
- 8 ounces chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 manicotti tubes, cooked
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Have you considered combining Manicotti and the Italian sausage to make a super delicious meal? If your answer is no, you need to try the Italian Sausage Manicotti. Manicotti is an Italian-American form of pasta tube which is very large, usually ridged, and are intended to be filled and baked. This culturally rich meal will keep a smile on your face all through the day. The Italian Sausage Manicotti is a mouth-watering Italian favorite dish which has its manicotti filled with the homemade Italian sausage, cheeses and covered with pasta sauce. This dish makes a great family meal and can be eaten as a special dinner with friends. You will share it with friends, won't you? Using the homemade Italian sausage is a great deal for this meal because the sausage is already seasoned and it also tastes good. This meal is made up of four types of cheese (cream cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese) which does not only add to the flavor but also makes it more rich and creamy. You've got to give this a try!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Cook and crumble Italian sausage in a large nonstick pan. Once you have it broken apart, add the onion. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
- Turn heat to low and add cream cheese. Stir until melted. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly and then stir in 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and pepper.
- Stuff the mixture into the manicotti shells. You can either use a spoon or fork to push it in or you can transfer the mixture ot a large ziptop bag and snip the corner and pipe it in.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of sauce in the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly. Place the filled manicotti tubes on top of the sauce. Pour remaining sauce on top of manicotti. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.